Friday, February 27, 2009

I wanna live In The Heights, can we move there PLEASE?

You know that warm and fuzzy feeling that usually accompanies the phrase, "There is no place like home"? Especially after stepping off a 3 hour bus ride, 1 hour taxi, 3 hour plane-wait time and a 6 hour plane ride, you would think I would want to pull out some red snazzy slippers and go see my good friend OZ right? Well it must've been Alphaba's influence because the last place I wanted to be when I got off the plane at Bob Hope Airport is in LA. I wanted to defy gravity and take the next 6 hour flight back to NY.

Don't get me wrong there are plenty of things that I like about LA, the mountains, my cousins, new found friends, overpriced thrift stores, Yummy Cupcakes, the revolutionary spirit that still lingers from the 60's, but I miss the snarky east coast. Incredibly badly. And being in NY and Jersey for a couple of days only made it worse.

Anywho, it was a great trip. My home girls Yasmin and Bridget met us there and we had a blast seeing penguins, winning the Broadway Lottery (WICKED and In The Heights), walking in Prospect Park and having frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3. My favorite part was seeing my grandpa, who looked so healthy and happy. That part definitely gave me the warm fuzzies. I miss him so much too:(

But there is hope in yonder distance! Our original reason for jetting to NY was for a Director's Guild Fellowship Program entrance exam. If we make it past this round we have to go again for a in person interview. Which would mean seeing grandpa again! yea! SO, If you could send a prayer up to God for us that would be most helpful:) All we want is His will, it's in His will that our joy lies!

xoxo!

1 comment:

  1. If you go again then take me with you. For now we just have to have "PASIENSA Y FE".
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete