Monday, February 9, 2009

My first broken bone!!!

My weekend started with our entire place flooding before we had a friend coming over for dinner. The rain didn't stop all night and therefore we were greeted with a swimming pool in our living room. Wonderful.

I thought Saturday would get better as Libby woke me up by licking my face good morning but then the handyman came at the ungodly hour of9:00AM without a phone call. Great. Now I had to wake up, get dressed, and be all polite when I really wanted to go back to bedy-bye and sleep until 12. Didn't happen.

Since I was already awake I decided to walk Libby. Usually this walking results in happy thoughts, wagging tales and all the good extras. This particular Saturday it resulted in a broken pinky finger. I was barely holding onto the leash since the Lib-ster walks pretty well and has become really friendly with other dogs in the neighborhood. I had the leash wrapped around my ring and pinky fingers, and was walking along happily when another dog came by and everything went in slow motion. First, the other dog (a bigger Lab) lunged at Libby and started barking, pulling his owner hard. Then Libby got gangster and defended his own by barking louder. The other dog didn't stop and Libby wasn't about to either so in an effort to prove his Alpha-ness, Libby proceeded to pull me halfway down the street, breaking my finger in the process.

I went to Urgent Care where the awesome Dr. Sean McLaughlin, made me totally realxed and even let me take a picture of my broken finger! If you look way at the top you can see where it is diagonally split. My first broken bone is because of my crazy, crazy dog. But I couldn't love Libby more:)

1 comment:

  1. awwww! It sounds like you were very very brave, and I am very proud of you for that!

    hope you heal fast!

    ReplyDelete