This is reminiscent of High School when I used to create one project for 2 classes! So, I posted this on FB and since I am a lazy blogger and here it is again :
1. I hate chain letters. Really I despise them and wish them a slow tortured death. Why? Well, because when the chain letter says to send the stupid leprechaun to 25 people in 5 minutes and then promises I will be a millionaire, I do it and then check my bank account incessantly for the next few days. I really think I will get that money. But what happens? NO CASH! That is false advertising man. so uncool.
2. Speaking of letters, I kinda miss the days when people used snail mail. I miss the romanticism of waiting for a letter for days from a pen pal or "lover". The writing was much more cherished and thought out. Now all I get is a text message saying BRB...LOL.
3. Oddly I love beeper codes! Mostly because I can tell someone 43 and not feel bad because I didn't really curse. not out loud anyways. Yay me!
4. I don't like that many adults, they pester me. I adore a child's honesty and short attention span. I get them because in a lot of ways I have refused to grow up. and yes, Peter Pan is my idol. He has a nice crib in that Neverland place.
5. For the same reason, I have a lot of acquaintances and very few friends. But the friends I have, I would do anything for. And I don't like to share my friends - they're mine no touchy no touchy! ;) (Love ya Yaz)
6. There are 3 guys who totally rock my socks, Josh, Grandpa, and Hans Christian. Oh! and a dog-Libby!
7. So I took this hip hop class here in LA thinking it would be similar to Miami and I'd be aiiiiiight. i mean I have danced for 15 years- I thought, "I go this man!". Yeah, no so much. I've been sore the past 3 days and in places I didn't even know muscles existed.
8. I have come to find out that the traits that annoy me most in other people bother me because those same annoying traits are in me. Which sucks. Stupid Jung.
9. I am always writing and my dream is to find a career in writing for children. But I am absolutely terrified of it. But, as much as I am afraid of trying and failing, I am more afraid of not trying at all. You see, when I was little I was a nerd, had leg braces (forest gump style, no lie) and nobody would play with me, so books were my best friend. I want to be able to create that experience for a youngin' that felt like I did.
10. More about childhood, I didn't like barbies unless they were being BBQ-ed. I was, and still am a tomboy. i used to have fights with other girls about who was more of a tomboy. I always won when I burped the loudest.
11. Who was the dum-dum that decided it was a good idea to stop showing X-Men cartoons?! That was the best cartoon! It taught how to accept others who were different! We still need that today! Plus after watching it I totally thought I could fly.
12. The Boston Red Sox are the best sports team ever. period.
13. When I was 8, I had a cat, Sherlock Holmes (told you I like to read). One day I thought his whiskers were too long and trimmed them. the cat walked into walls for weeks.
14. I love traveling, everywhere and anywhere. But I hate touristy places. I'd much rather be in with the local population keepin' it real. Then you really get a feel for the city.
15. I used to play the violin. Now I am trying to play the guitar. Trying is the operative word.
16. I LOVE animals. All of 'em. So much that I almost became a marine vet. I miss going scuba diving. I have swam with sharks, stingrays, and dolphins. But I refuse to jump out of a plane, Josh. That's for crazies.
17. I also keep the nerd alive. I love learning and will get my Ph.D. in Medieval Literature and Creative Writing. I wish I lived in Chrétien de Troyes romances. I love the Arthurian Legends.
18. I want to go to Germany in 2010 to see the Passion Play. really bad. Anyone wanna put up the cash?
19. One time, when grandpa told me money didn't grow on trees, I buried a dollar in the backyard to prove him wrong. I am still waiting for the return on my investment.
20. When my friend double bounced me on the trampoline I fell hard and had to get 8 stitches on my chin from a plastic surgeon. Now when the paparazzi ask me if I have had plastic surgery, I have to say yes. sigh. Oh! When I feel from the trampoline my flesh fell on the floor and I saw my raw bone. SO COOL!
21. Harry Potter. 'nuff said.
22. I miss the Miami cafe con leche and tostada for breakfast or anytime. Holla if you hear me.
23. Mmmm... Blue Moon Beer. If you haven't tried it, stop what your doing and proceed to the nearest bar. You'll thank me later.
24. My new found love is hiking . It puts me at peace which, because of my current job, is somethng I find myself lacking.
25. Falling asleep with Libby and Jay is one of my favorite things. snuggle, snuggle baby.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Libby, my beloved pit-boxer mix, loves to twinkle upon all Christmas trees. It's his special Christmas gift. He shared his Christmas-tree-peeing talent at my cousin's house on Christmas Eve. I didn't think it would happen, I mean my cousin had a wire gate surrounding Her 7 foot tree because her Lab, Charlie, ate all the glass ball ornaments on the bottom half of the tree and 2 pound boxes of See's chocolate from under it. Precautions were then necessarily made to barricade crazy pooches from the poor defenseless tree. But, oh, my Libby is so special. He took one slight sniff of that grand ole peeing post and lifted his leg in slow motion. We were on the other side of the room but I felt in my gut something was going down. As I glanced to my right I saw a Libby's hind leg rising. I stretched out my hand to stop him, but I was too late. A perfectly arched stream of a golden hue had shot out on the Christmas tree and all over the presents. Libby was content. He finished with his business before I could show him how fast my finger waved and tell him "bad boy". I felt terrible and offered a "Merry Christmas?" to my cousin, who was nearly peeing herself from laughter.
I realize the holiday season is over, so why am I remembering this you ask? Well, now is the time when everyone chucks their dried Christmas trees out on the lawn for the garbage man to pick up. But, little do the hardworking garbage men know as they load the trees on the trucks with bare hands, Libby has already gotten those trees with his own dose of Christmas spirit. Every morning on our daily walk I see trees Libby has doused with "joy" being picked up by these unknowing men. Worst part is, I have to try and hold my laughter! It's like my own personal showing of punk'd! Except Ashton doesn't come out with cameras and no one knows but me and Libby-and Libby, I am positive is laughing too. I know, I know it's kinda cruel but, I guess I still have some east coast-ness left in me. Word to the wise, don't leave your Christmas Tree out in my hood.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
in my pretty little head. I almost quit when I realized my raise was not coming. I almost quit again when I thought about how un-environmentally friendly it is working here. You see she, who will be referred to as "Hollywood" from here on out, refuses to type. "Hollywood" therefore thinks that using a sharpie to convey her run-on sentences with scribble scrabble handwriting is a great idea. "Hollywood's" best idea yet, is to fax 27 sheets of paper to me from her house (3 blocks away) then incessantly edit her own work with umm...special grammar skills. I mean why listen to the idiot (me) who got her degree in English? That's just illogical. The faxing of edited pages back and forth creates a paper trail form here to Hong Kong, and that's not even including that fact that we must send "Hollywood's" emails to her by fax. She might as well have me just bulldozer into a forest, take an axe to the biggest, oldest, most beautiful tree I can find and deliver it to her house free of charge. Yeah. That thought was the reason for the 3rd time I quit today. Then I remembered about that stupid thing called rent and faxed her 15th round of edits back up the block. It's still early. I will quit again.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Well, if that is true, then I never grew up. As a matter of fact, I am currently living in my very own fairytale. Don't be alarmed, mice don't sing around my apartment, and my voice is terrible so I can't beckon swarms of wild forest animals at a moment's notice, but I really did end up in a Fairytale. My story is not the Brothers Grimm version either, it is a story of love not lost because of circumstance but strengthened by time and trial. I ended up having the kind of love written about many years ago, a old, vintage, timeless kind of love. The kind Arthurian Legends are made of. Is he blond, perfect and riding on a stallion to work? Nope. Dark hair, sometimes a pain in my can, and he's terrified of horses. But, he sees me with morning eye boogers, sheet creases on my face and faded pj's yet tells me everyday that I'm beautiful. Now either he likes girls that look like gremlins in the morning or Love covers a multitude of sins. And yes I say sins because it is sometimes unholy how funky I look in the morning. All he says though is, "You're Beautiful". For a girl who had a rocky start in life, I sure feel like I am riding into the sunset.