Thursday, January 29, 2009

me x 25

This is reminiscent of High School when I used to create one project for 2 classes! So, I posted this on FB and since I am a lazy blogger and here it is again :

1. I hate chain letters. Really I despise them and wish them a slow tortured death. Why? Well, because when the chain letter says to send the stupid leprechaun to 25 people in 5 minutes and then promises I will be a millionaire, I do it and then check my bank account incessantly for the next few days. I really think I will get that money. But what happens? NO CASH! That is false advertising man. so uncool.

2. Speaking of letters, I kinda miss the days when people used snail mail. I miss the romanticism of waiting for a letter for days from a pen pal or "lover". The writing was much more cherished and thought out. Now all I get is a text message saying BRB...LOL.

3. Oddly I love beeper codes! Mostly because I can tell someone 43 and not feel bad because I didn't really curse. not out loud anyways. Yay me!

4. I don't like that many adults, they pester me. I adore a child's honesty and short attention span. I get them because in a lot of ways I have refused to grow up. and yes, Peter Pan is my idol. He has a nice crib in that Neverland place.

5. For the same reason, I have a lot of acquaintances and very few friends. But the friends I have, I would do anything for. And I don't like to share my friends - they're mine no touchy no touchy! ;) (Love ya Yaz)

6. There are 3 guys who totally rock my socks, Josh, Grandpa, and Hans Christian. Oh! and a dog-Libby!

7. So I took this hip hop class here in LA thinking it would be similar to Miami and I'd be aiiiiiight. i mean I have danced for 15 years- I thought, "I go this man!". Yeah, no so much. I've been sore the past 3 days and in places I didn't even know muscles existed.

8. I have come to find out that the traits that annoy me most in other people bother me because those same annoying traits are in me. Which sucks. Stupid Jung.

9. I am always writing and my dream is to find a career in writing for children. But I am absolutely terrified of it. But, as much as I am afraid of trying and failing, I am more afraid of not trying at all. You see, when I was little I was a nerd, had leg braces (forest gump style, no lie) and nobody would play with me, so books were my best friend. I want to be able to create that experience for a youngin' that felt like I did.

10. More about childhood, I didn't like barbies unless they were being BBQ-ed. I was, and still am a tomboy. i used to have fights with other girls about who was more of a tomboy. I always won when I burped the loudest.

11. Who was the dum-dum that decided it was a good idea to stop showing X-Men cartoons?! That was the best cartoon! It taught how to accept others who were different! We still need that today! Plus after watching it I totally thought I could fly.

12. The Boston Red Sox are the best sports team ever. period.

13. When I was 8, I had a cat, Sherlock Holmes (told you I like to read). One day I thought his whiskers were too long and trimmed them. the cat walked into walls for weeks.

14. I love traveling, everywhere and anywhere. But I hate touristy places. I'd much rather be in with the local population keepin' it real. Then you really get a feel for the city.

15. I used to play the violin. Now I am trying to play the guitar. Trying is the operative word.

16. I LOVE animals. All of 'em. So much that I almost became a marine vet. I miss going scuba diving. I have swam with sharks, stingrays, and dolphins. But I refuse to jump out of a plane, Josh. That's for crazies.

17. I also keep the nerd alive. I love learning and will get my Ph.D. in Medieval Literature and Creative Writing. I wish I lived in Chrétien de Troyes romances. I love the Arthurian Legends.

18. I want to go to Germany in 2010 to see the Passion Play. really bad. Anyone wanna put up the cash?

19. One time, when grandpa told me money didn't grow on trees, I buried a dollar in the backyard to prove him wrong. I am still waiting for the return on my investment.

20. When my friend double bounced me on the trampoline I fell hard and had to get 8 stitches on my chin from a plastic surgeon. Now when the paparazzi ask me if I have had plastic surgery, I have to say yes. sigh. Oh! When I feel from the trampoline my flesh fell on the floor and I saw my raw bone. SO COOL!

21. Harry Potter. 'nuff said.

22. I miss the Miami cafe con leche and tostada for breakfast or anytime. Holla if you hear me.

23. Mmmm... Blue Moon Beer. If you haven't tried it, stop what your doing and proceed to the nearest bar. You'll thank me later.

24. My new found love is hiking . It puts me at peace which, because of my current job, is somethng I find myself lacking.

25. Falling asleep with Libby and Jay is one of my favorite things. snuggle, snuggle baby.

1 comment:

  1. here's more Peter Pan for you...
    it's VERY different than the rest:
    http://peterpansneverworld.com/

    And an article on it:
    http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Peter-Pans-NeverWorld-Picks-Up/story.aspx?guid=%7B575A5B1F-CF9E-45C4-9339-FBD24F6AEEA3%7D

    BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete