Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree


Libby, my beloved pit-boxer mix, loves to twinkle upon all Christmas trees. It's his special Christmas gift. He shared his Christmas-tree-peeing talent at my cousin's house on Christmas Eve. I didn't think it would happen, I mean my cousin had a wire gate surrounding Her 7 foot tree because her Lab, Charlie, ate all the glass ball ornaments on the bottom half of the tree and 2 pound boxes of See's chocolate from under it. Precautions were then necessarily made to barricade crazy pooches from the poor defenseless tree. But, oh, my Libby is so special.  He took one slight sniff of that grand ole peeing post and lifted his leg in slow motion. We were on the other side of the room but I felt in my gut something was going down. As I glanced to my right I saw a Libby's hind leg rising. I stretched out my hand to stop him, but I was too late. A perfectly arched stream of a golden hue had shot out on the Christmas tree and all over the presents. Libby was content. He finished with his business before I could show him how fast my finger waved and tell him "bad boy". I felt terrible and offered a "Merry Christmas?" to my cousin, who was nearly peeing herself from laughter.

I realize the holiday season is over, so why am I remembering this you ask? Well, now is the time when everyone chucks their dried Christmas trees out on the lawn for the garbage man to pick up. But, little do the hardworking garbage men know as they load the trees on the trucks with bare hands, Libby has already gotten those trees with his own dose of Christmas spirit. Every morning on our daily walk I see trees Libby has doused with "joy" being picked up by these unknowing men. Worst part is, I have to try and hold my laughter! It's like my own personal showing of punk'd! Except Ashton doesn't come out with cameras and no one knows but me and Libby-and Libby, I am positive is laughing too. I know, I know it's kinda cruel but, I guess I still have some east coast-ness left in me. Word to the wise, don't leave your Christmas Tree out in my hood.

1 comment: